If you would like information about organising your own flashmob, you can check out a post I wrote a few years ago – How to Organise a Flashmob. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about organising a flashmob and we’d be happy to offer you some advice from our experiences.
We Can Help Organise Your Event
If you’re in Adelaide and you have an idea for a particular flashmob or similar event that you’d like to see happen, we can help in the following ways:
- You can suggest your idea to us for a future event. If we like it we may use it in the future, but no promises. [for those who have an idea but don't want to help organise]
- You can organise your own event and we can send a message to our members and post it on our facebook page and twitter feed to help you publicise it. [for those who want to organise and host their own event but don't have anyone to attend]
- We can host your event for you to leverage our existing community of flashmobbers and benefit from the advice and assistance of our organising team. You would be in charge of the event and be responsible for most of the organisation. [for those who want to organise an event and benefit from our existing community, reputation and organising team]
- We can organise the entire event for you. More information below. [for those who want a flashmob for a specific occasion or purpose]
Rundle Mall Events
If you’d like to hold your event in Rundle Mall, please contact the management during the planning stages of your event. Flashmobs, especially those with loud music, can disrupt traders, buskers and other mall events so to ensure your event goes down smoothly and everyone has fun we suggest you discuss your plans with Rundle Mall Management.
Organising Your Event for You
This option is for those who would like a flashmob or similar event for a specific purpose or occasion. We separate these events into two broad categories:
- Just for fun events
- Commercial, charitable or ideological events
Just for Fun Events
These are flashmob events where the sole purpose is for the fun and enjoyment of the participants and spectators, e.g. flashmobs at festivals, fun days and other similar events. These sorts of events align well with our own motivations and are the types of events we like the most. We require at least 6 weeks notice to organise an event, but the more time you can give us the better.
We get our best turn outs to events that are in Summer, on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon and are located in the Adelaide CBD. For events during the week or not in the CBD we see attendance dropping off quickly. If your event is not within these locations and days/times we suggest you offer an incentive to encourage people to attend the flashmob event. e.g. free ticket to your event, food/drink discounts, other freebies.
If you’re interested in this option please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial, Charitable or Idealogical Events
In general these events do not align well with our motivations for organising and performing flashmobs. However, due to popular demand, we have set up a separate group, Crowd Creative, through which to run these alternative events. The new group is not entirely operational yet so please contact us via email@example.com if you are interested in this option.
We need at least 6 weeks notice to organise an event so please contact us as early as possible.
Charitable & Ideological Events
We anticipate that only a subsection of our members would be interested in attending these types of events so we recommend encouraging people from your own organisation, group, mailing list etc. to get involved as well.
Please contact us to discuss commercial events.